Jim Sitterly is a world-class violinist that has work can be heard in some of the most iconic motion picture as well as some of the biggest artist of our time. Dr. Sitterly’s work can be heard in countless movie soundtracks including James Cameron’s Avatar, Star Wars: Rogue One, Jurassic World, Star Trek, Pixar’s Coco, Up , Inside Out, Cars, Mission Impossible, Planet of the Apes, The Incredibles & Incredibles II, Spiderman: Homecoming, Super 8, Pineapple Express, Muppets in Space, Zootopia, Speed Racer, Hard Target, Dude, Where’s my Car, Karate Kid, Tomb Raider, and The Negotiator to name a few. He was the Concertmaster / Conductor / Solo violinist for John Tesh and has performed over 500 concerts with him in this capacity. Jim has performed in four of Mr. Tesh’s videos and he has played on 10 of his CD’s. Jim is the concertmaster of the South Central Chamber Orchestra a multi-ethnic organization which records for such luminaries as Luther Vandross, The Who, Lionel Richie, Macy Grey, Lucy Pearl, Raphael Shadiq, Stevie Wonder, Lewis Farrakhan, Warrant, Mason Williams, Solomon Burke, Whitney Huston, TLC, Brandy, Cody Bryant, and John Sykes. Jim was also the Concertmaster/soloist for the award winning television series LOST and ALIAS.
Dr. Sitterly is on the faculty at Harbor College where he teaches Music Appreciation and Jazz History. His duties also include teaching Music at Banning High School. He taught Music Appreciation at Peninsula Montessori for 6 years and for four years he has been the Band and Orchestra Director at the Westland School.
• English Literature, UCSB
• Bachelor of Music, UCSB
• Master of Music, CalArts
• Doctor of Musical Arts, USC, 1986
• Concertmaster, John Tesh Orchestra, 1992-2001
• Concertmaster, LOS ANGELES South Central Chamber Orchestra Founding Member
• LITTLE EMO MUSIC President, LITTLE EMO and ENTERTAINMENT
• Music Appreciation Teacher, Harbor Community College
• Teachers of Violin: Henri Temianka/ Alice Schoenfeld/ Zino Franscescatti/ Elizabeth Holborn/ Stefan Krayk/ Christian Ferras
• SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT: Private violin teacher to Lacey Chabert- aka- Claudia on PARTY OF FIVE TV series.
• Orchestrator of EFFECTS of MAGIC, feature film.
• Violin solos in such movies as HARD TARGET, THREE CAN TANGO, and GHOSTS CAN'T DO IT, Cora Unashamed, A Century of Living, Redemption of the GHOST, and THE NEW MUPPET MOVIE
• Arranged all musical details for ANJELICA HUSTON'S wedding and numerous other High Profile Los Angeles Social events.
• Appeared as solo violinist in: Seinfeld, Mad About You, Frasier and Beauty and the Beast, Alligator, Gong Show, People Like Us, Hiller ad Diller, Significant Others and Designing Women.
Jim has extensive studies through out the years.
• Henri Temianka, 1981- 1991
• Zino Francescatti, 1978-1981
• Alice Schoenfeld 1980-1985
• Stefan Krayk, 1970-1980
• Yoko Matsuda, 1969-1971 & 1980-1981
• Ivan Galamian, 1967-1969
• Christian Ferras 1977-1978